As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 55 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
· Meet with the Corporate & Regulatory team to understand the strategy of the function in line with CEO strategy and company road map.
· Understand the function of Economic Affairs in the Corporate & Regulatory division and how your role fits into the overall function
· Should possess strong knowledge in working with Federal Board of Revenue, State bank, Ministry of Finance to take up Taxation matters
· Work on sectoral issues with industry bodies such as FPCCI.
Within 60 days, you will:
· Proactively engagement on all matters dealing with the fiscal and taxation issues, including services work with cross functional departments in the organization and help business/ segments team in achieving their objectives effectively.
· Develop partnerships with relevant stakeholders, especially on E-Government initiatives.
Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Develop a strategic plan to design and deliver comprehensive advocacy on matters of economic and public affairs significance to the business. This will include obtaining and verifying information, and then turning that in to meaningful advocacy to grow the business
· Manage the advocacy database for the company, and keep it updated for instant dissemination and communication, both internally and externally. Including, assisting with research and drafting written submissions to government consultations and select committee inquiries
· Establish Jazz’s profile and name identification with policymakers, including federal and provincial governments, non-profits, international donors and development agencies.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in, and enthusiasm for, politics, policy issues and current affairs. He should be able to assimilate, analyse and summarize written material quickly.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills and can advocate/defend the Economic policy division in term of what is right—even if it comes to conflict/disagreement with CEO—with professionalism, maturity, and a balanced, holistic view of any competing viewpoints
A brief about your department.
Economic Affairs Department within the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Division is primarily responsible for pushing organization’s interests with Institutions/ Ministries related to Economics, Finance and Taxation. Economic Affairs also works on developing an effective and credible Corporate & Economic Affairs strategy that identifies and meets the needs of our rapidly evolving business.
The structure of the team you will join is:
A three (03) member’s team with no sub teams.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
Taxation Advocacy (Tax Relief, Budget Lobbying, Reduction of Import duties, Closure of outstanding issues)
Provide support to cross functional teams for achieving Organizational Objectives.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team.
You will work with internal stakeholders including Taxation, Legal, Commercial, Finance, Business to Business and Mobile Financial Services. For external stakeholders you will be engage with Federal Boards of Revenue, State Bank of Pakistan, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Commerce and Planning Commission of Pakistan amongst others.
What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Coming up with strategies for tax relief, reduction on import duties on equipment’s, closure of outstanding tax issues of the organization.
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.T
· Microsoft Office
Essential skills must have:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· An understanding of external communications and media to create messaging for maximum impact