As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 55 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
· Meet relevant stakeholders for Handsets and devices team e.g. Handset manufacturers, MBB vendors, sales channel, distributors
· Develop understanding of Handsets business, product management, commissioning & pricing structures
· Develop understanding of PO/PR process, contract management, stock management, Supply chain management
· Develop understanding of BI tools using data extraction and carry out analysis independently
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Establish good relationship with relevant stakeholders for Handsets and Devices team e.g. vendors, sales channel, distributors, finance, product development, BI & IT
· Recommend ways to improve Handsets and devices business, product management, commissioning & pricing structures
· Recommend ways in consultation with relevant internal teams to best manage Handsets stock of multiple aging
· Using analytical skills, develop region wise models to boost devices sales for data & smartphone penetration
· Build a monthly pipeline of devices for next 06 months to ensure smooth stock lifting, market float & shelf stock.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Manage Handsets and Devices portfolio with complete responsibility of P&L
· Convert product pipeline into tangible revenue results – revenue, units sold, smartphone penetration
· Ensure timely update on devices business for team and management review via dashboards & reports
· Master the tasks highlighted above as deliverables
· Coordinate with Veon group to align Handsets and Devices strategy
· Develop online sales channel and work closely with e-commerce partners to boost Handset sales
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has already delivered on challenging projects and has taken end to end responsibility from planning to roll out within Handsets and devices business.Prior experience of Retail, Open market sales, vendor management and Pricing will be preferred.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to develop product ideas and convert them into tangible results to grow Handsets devices business. The individual should have sound business analysis, product development, project management and relationship management skills; these skills are the cornerstone for this job role.
A bit about us:
Handsets and Devices team is part of Pricing & Propositions Department within Marketing. The team is responsible to manage Handsets and MBB devices portfolio at Jazz.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 07 member team (including the department head) with 02 sub teams
· You will be part of a 02 member sub-team reporting to HOD
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Develop & Build Devices portfolio
· Ensure Handset Devices Revenue & Unit Sales to enable Data & Smartphone Penetration
· Create extraordinary value by developing ecosystem of handset distribution within organization to propel sales.
· Ensure timely reporting to Veon Group
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: Handsets manufacturers, Vendor, Sales Teams, distributors
Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Finance, Marketing, Tech, Sales, PD
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Building Handsets and Devices channel to become a leading choice for Handsets purchase
· Developed improved product prices, revised channel commissions, carried out sales training & working on device unbundling to ensure simplified product management
· Establish strategic alliances with OEMs and Distributors to launch new products
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
Pricing Analysis & Strategy
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.T
BI - MicroStrategy
Essential skills must have:
Analytical & Presentation Skills
Strong communication skills